Prineville Reservoir is a 15-mile long, 3,000-acre reservoir fed by the Crooked River. The river, confined by its canyon and the Bowman Dam, forms Prineville Reservoir.
Enjoy year round boating, fishing, water sports and camping activities within the state park on the reservoir. The fishing can be good anytime at Prineville Reservoir. Other recreational activities on Prineville Reservoir include waterskiing, wakeboarding, windsurfing, paddle boarding, kayaking, hiking, star gazing and wildlife viewing. The water temperature in the summer months can be as high as 80 degrees which is ideal for swimming, water skiing, jet skiing and other water sports.
Prineville Reservoir Campground info
- Approximately 22 full hookup sites
- More than 20 electrical sites with water
- More than 20 tent sites with water nearby
- 5 deluxe log cabins (one pet friendly)
- Flush toilets and hot showers
- 32 boat moorages (summer only)
- Universal Access: two campsites and two cabins are accessible to campers with disabilities.